My Passions

Listen to me read poetry on LibriVox!

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

I’d Still Hit It! – Parte Sei

D'Angelo (AKA Michael D'Angelo Eugene Archer) – Grammy winning R&B singer and Hot Piece of Neo-Soul Trash.

Damn. The first time I heard Brown Sugar I knew this man was something special. No, better than special. He was on some new, New Shit and the whole world would be forced to wake up and take notice! And the world did wake up and she did take notice and what she saw first, as she stumbled groggily from her late 80's Soulless Soul Music coma, was a fine ass R&B crooner the likes of which hadn't been seen since 1979! Oh the 90's were off to a roaring start and Mr. Archer, along with Maxwell and Erykah Badu, was leading the charge!  But as usually happens with musical geniuses, Mr. Archer got caught up in drugs, alcohol and his own ego and changed from this:



And this:


And good LAWD this:


Into this:


But do you know what the truly twisted, sick and totally fucked up part of all this is? I’d Still Hit It!

D'AngeloLady


D'AngeloMe And Those Dreamin Eyes Of Mine


Let this be a lesson to all you vain, self-centered types: yes drugs can help keep you pretty but once you throw that monkey from your back and choke him to death with your laptop power cord you will immediately (And by immediately I mean "instantaneously") gain copious amounts of weight so it's best to just leave that shit alone and eat right, exercise and get some damn sleep! – GD

For more I'd Still Hit it! click here.

No comments: