My Passions

Listen to me read poetry on LibriVox!

Thursday, August 23, 2007

You Are Not The One

Sometimes loving the one you’re with is just a supreme waste of time. And we’re better than that. Right?

The Person Lying Next To Me

It isn’t love that keeps me here
Just the hope of it
Clinging to the dream
That I will one day awake
And no longer need the person lying next to me
Just something to keep me busy
Just a little something to ease the pain of my loneliness
A distraction
And while I wait
I wonder how you will look
And how you will speak
And what your fingertips will feel like
As they brush against my cheek
And sometimes when she holds me I pretend it's you
And it makes it easier to smile in her face
And come on her hand
And swallow her soggy cigarette flavored kisses
Kools
Menthol
I wipe my mouth on the pillow
Pretending she doesn’t notice
And then I sleep and dream of you
Knowing that one day I will awake
And no longer need the person lying next to me


© 09/06/02 Ms. GD

No comments: