My Passions

Listen to me read poetry on LibriVox!

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Why We Do The Things We Do

What drives you? Writing and dreams are my guiding force. Without them I would wither and die.


Why I Write

I write this poetry for the masses
For all the people in this world
Who don’t understand
Where I’m coming from

I write this poetry because I can
Because I know how to turn a phrase
That will make you think
Nod your head in accordance

I write this poetry for the future
So when I close my eyes for the last time
And all my shit has been divvied up amongst the living
This part of me will still live on

I write this poetry for God
I send Him my prayers
My thoughts and feelings
My anger and my love

I write this poetry for myself
So I can look back on where I was
Then smile
When I think how far I still have to go

I write this poetry to clear my head
When I have had more than my share
I empty my mind onto a blank page
So I can sleep at night


© 7/3/02 – Ms. GD



Dreams portrait found here

No comments: